Here’s what to know about tile roofs, if you’re thinking about replacing or repairing your older roof. Tile is durable and has different designs to create looks that boost your home’s curb appeal while keeping your home energy efficient.
Reasons why tile roofing is among the best roofing materials in Los Angeles County and the San Gabriel Valley:
- Tile lasts for several decades and may last up to 100 years. If you’re a newer homeowner, or you’re planning to stay in your home for a long time then installing a new tile roof will boost your home’s value for you and your heirs.
- Tile comes in a variety of styles. Traditional Spanish stucco or southwestern homes with parapet roofs use tile on the edging and it has an attractive S-shaped appearance. There are plenty of tile options, too, like wood shakes that fit well in foothill environments and blend in with the mountains.
- Tile is aesthetically pleasing. Thomas Garvey has installed new, custom roofs for customers and has used tile in designing unique looks. He created one for a customer who wanted her roof to look like the home she grew up in back east.
- Tile has a high fire rating. You’d expect tile roofs to withstand the risks of embers falling from brush fires like the ones that burned above Monrovia in recent years. Asphalt shingle roofs have high fire ratings, too. Garvey Roofing holds four roofing licenses, including fireproofing and it’s important to protect embers from floating into the attic or singing beneath the overhang of a roof. Thomas Garvey takes extra precautions when roofing in zones susceptible to brush fires.
- Tile is low maintenance. When the best underlayment is properly installed then tile roofs need little maintenance. Again, the focus is more on the underlayment than it is the tile.
Garvey Roofing sources from leading tile manufacturers.
Thomas Garvey has more than 30 years of experience roofing homes and commercial buildings from Monrovia and Duarte to Alhambra, Monterrey Park and every city in between.
Eagle Roofing is one of the largest tile roofing manufacturers in the world and they have a plant in Rialto. Their tile is concrete which reduces costs and can also be more lightweight than multi-dimensional asphalt shingles.
Boral Roofing produces clay, concrete, stone-coated steel, and composite roof tiles made from recycled materials.
What to know about tile roofs:
- Walking on them can increase the risk of breakage so make sure you know the tile’s weight limits.
- Trees can shed leaves and debris so Thomas Garvey will let you know if tile roofs are right or not for your immediate environment.
- Tile itself isn’t necessarily waterproof—it’s the underlayment that reflects the sun’s heat and is your best protection against leaks.
- How will tile affect your home or commercial building?
Thomas Garvey studies building science so he’ll be able to tell you how it will impact your load bearing walls. Garvey Roofing works on historic buildings, too, and re-roofed the homes in Heritage Square on the 110 freeway.
Contact Garvey Roofing
Call (626) 358-9208 for a free estimate from Garvey Roofing.
Garvey also makes one of the most unique claims in the roofing industry–all labor and materials are guaranteed.